375. News: Everything is fintech!
Sarah Kocianski and Simon Taylor are joined by some great guests to talk about the most interesting fintech stories of the last 7 days. This week our stories include: Google's offering of checking accounts, Facebook launches Facebook pay, and HSBC and RBS' new digital banking platforms! All this and much more on today's Fintech Insider News!
Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and Simon Taylor, are back to bring you up to speed with the fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. Joining them to discuss the latest headlines and most recent developments are some great guests including:
- Will Carmichael - CEO of Rooster Money
- Smriti Vicari - Executive Director of Fintech and Strategic Partnerships at Visa Europe
- Roisin Levine - Head of Banks at Flux
This week we cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Google to offer checking accounts in partnership with banks starting next year (01:50)
- Facebook launches Facebook Pay (08:19)
- Apple Card tweets lead to Goldman gender discrimination probe (14:33)
- HSBC and RBS set to launch new digital banking platforms (20:42)
- Starling tops one million accounts (28:49)
- Australian neobank 86 400 rolls out digital mortgage offering (35:13)
- Nationwide customers will see overdraft interest more than double to almost 40% (39:50)
- Harrods limits Christmas grotto to £2,000-plus spenders (46:24)
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Roisin Levine , Smriti Vicari, and Will Carmichael.
- Google to offer checking accounts in partnership with banks starting next year
- Facebook launches Facebook Pay
- Apple Card tweets lead to Goldman gender discrimination probe
- HSBC and RBS set to launch new digital banking platforms
- Starling tops one million accounts
- Australian neo bank 86 400 rolls out digital mortgage offering
- Nationwide customers will see overdraft interest more than double to almost 40%
- Harrods limits Christmas grotto to £2,000-plus spenders