373. News: Robinhood's 'free money' glitch
Leda Glyptis and Adam Davis are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Robinhood traders find “infinite leverage” glitch, Digital banks grow as fintech funding slows and Westpac announces banking-as-a-service platform! All this and much more on today's Fintech Insider News!
Our expert hosts, Leda Glyptis and Adam Davis are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Jasper Martens - CMO at PensionBee
- Francesca Carlesi - Co-founder and CEO at Molo Finance
- Ryan Edwards-Pritchard - Fintech nomad and friend of the show
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- MPs urge refunds for victims of bank transfer fraud (01:51)
- Robinhood traders find “infinite leverage” glitch (10:51)
- Freetrade closes $15M in Series A funding (16:24)
- Digital banks grow as fintech funding slows (23:18)
- Westpac announces banking-as-a-service platform (32:22)
- Goldman Sachs leads $50M round for credit card platform (40:35)
- M&S teams with Clearpay on “buy now, pay later” option (49:58)
- The London Mint will give out historic threepence pieces for free (56:35)
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Adam Davis, Francesca Carlesi, Jasper Martens, and Ryan Edwards-Pritchard.
- MPs urge compulsory refunds for victims of bank transfer fraud | Business | The Guardian
- Reddit Wealth Tips: Robinhood App Glitch Gave 'Infinite Leverage' - Bloomberg
- Freetrade, the UK challenger stockbroker, completes $15M Series A | TechCrunch
- European fintech weekly: Uber Money marks a new paradigm & October funding dip | Sifted
- Top digital banks grow new users 209% over the past six quarters
- Westpac to move into banking-as-a-service with investment in 10x Fu...
- CYBG to relaunch as Virgin Money
- M&S takes on Klarna by introducing its own payment installation service | This is Money
- £1 million worth of 'thruppences' to be sold to stop coin collecting dying out