366. Insights: The Future of UK Fintech
David Brear is joined by some great guests at this live panel at the premiere of 11:Years, our newly released documentary about the rise of UK Fintech! Our panel discuss what happened during the financial crisis, who was affected by it and what will the next 11 years look like?
On this weeks insights show, David Brear is hosting a live panel at the premiere of 11:Years, our documentary about the rise of UK fintech! Our fantastic panel consists of:
- Eric Van der Kleij - CEO and founder of Frontier network as well as the founder of Tech City UK (now Tech Nation) and Level 39
- Ashok Vaswani - Global Head of Consumer Banking & Payments, Barclays - former APAC CEO at Citi Bank among other things
- Anne Boden - CEO and Founder of Starling Bank, former COO of AIB
- Nick Ogden - Founder of the brand new of RTGS.Global, founder of ClearBank and Worldpay and the father of e-commerce among many others!
This live panel covers the following topics:
- The key take aways from the film
- Why London such a successful fintech ecosystem?
- How has the landscape changed with having new competitors?
- How can regulation enable development?
- How can the UK maintain its leading position?
- How can the UK help accelerate ecosystem around the world?
- Will the next 11 years move the dial for FiServ as much as the last 11?
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Anne Boden, Ashok Vaswani, Eric Van der Kleij, and Nick Ogden.