363. News: Banking isn’t a side hustle
David Brear and Leda Glyptis are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Transferwise is the latest UK fintech to take on the US, Revolut teams up with Visa to help them go global and a US Marijuana Banking Bill Passes House in Historic Vote! All this, and much more on today's Fintech Insider.
Our expert hosts, David Brear and Leda Glyptis, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- John Erik Setsaas, VP of Identity and Innovation at Signicat
- Kathryn Harris, Product and Design Lead, Lloyds Banking Group
- Daniel Lowther, Head of Fintech at CCGroup
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- TransferWise signs US partners for trans-Atlantic expansion (03:40)
- Revolut reveals new agreement with Visa to help push their global expansion (14:36)
- Monzo’s salary sorter (25:42)
- Sainsbury’s becomes the latest British supermarket to pull out of the mortgage market (32:33)
- PayPal gets Chinese payments license (39:48)
- Marijuana Banking Bill Passes House in Historic Vote (43:41)
- Louis Theroux grants permission to man who wants to use his face on bank card (49:54)
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Daniel Lowther and Kathryn Harris.
- British fintech start-up TransferWise signs US partners for trans-Atlantic expansion
- Revolut reveals new agreement with Visa, set to hire 3,500 – FinTech Futures
- Two new Monzo features will help you save like a pro | WIRED UK
- Sainsbury's joins Tesco in axing mortgages to end supermarket bank dream | This is Money
- PayPal gets Chinese payments license
- Marijuana Banking Bill Passes House in Historic Vote | National News | US News
- Louis Theroux grants man permission to use his dreamy face on bankcard | Metro News
- (17) Louis Theroux on Twitter: "Permission granted. https://t.co/zM1sXFe293" / Twitter