359. News: Cardmageddon
David Brear and Sarah Kocianski are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: SCA is here! (Kinda), GoCardless launches in the US, and accordingly to The Telegraph students are getting payday loans to help fund their love of avocado on toast. All this and much more on today's Fintech Insider News.
Our expert hosts, David Brear and Sarah Kocianski are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Keith Grose - Head of UK at Plaid
- Audrey Tinline - Senior Broadcast Journalist at BBC World Service Radio
- Imran Gulamhuseinwala - Open Banking Implementation Trustee
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- SCA is here - but also pushed back to March 2021 - what is going on? (02:08)
- GoCardless launches US debit payments solution and opens San Francisco office (20:32)
- British fintech start-up backed by Goldman Sachs axes 20pc of staff (35:52)
- Visa and Mastercard join Plaid financing (41:43)
- Students taking out payday loans 'to pay for gym memberships and avocados' (48:19)
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2019 (55:22)
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Audrey Tinline, Imran Gulamhuseinwala, and Kieth Grose.
- New security checks for online shopping kick in – Which? News
- GoCardless launches US debit payments solution and opens San Francisco office | TechCrunch
- British fintech start-up backed by Goldman Sachs axes 20pc of staff
- Visa and Mastercard join Plaid financing
- Students taking out payday loans 'to pay for gym memberships and avocados'
- 5 Trends Appear on the Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2019 - Smarter With Gartner