357. News: The financial sector’s meltdown
Jason Bates and Simon Taylor are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Banks get taken by surprise by last-minute PPI claims, China’s richest man steps down from Alibaba and N26 Launch in Switzerland, but they do not support Swiss Francs! All this and much more on todays Fintech Insider!
Our expert hosts, Jason Bates and Simon Taylor are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Ali Niknam, CEO of Bunq
- Kirsty Grant, Chief Investment Officer at Seedrs
- Jonas Bøgh Larsen, Co-founder and CEO of Pento
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Banks surprised by PPI deadline surge (03:00)
- Big US sustainable funds fail to support ESG shareholder proposals (14:21)
- Jack Ma steps down from his $460 billion Alibaba empire after 20 years (23:47)
- Stripe introduces Stripe Corporate Card and activates payouts to 45 countries (34:19)
- N26 Launches In Switzerland But Without CHF Support (40:09)
- Xinja Bank gains banking licence; rolls out first accounts (46:53)
- A bank mistakenly put $120,000 into a couple's account. They spent it! (53:47)
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Ali Nikman, Jonas Bøgh Larsen, and Kirsty Grant.
- PPI: Barclays warns of £1.6bn hit from deadline spike
- Subscribe to read | Financial Times
- Jack Ma — the most flamboyant tech founder on the planet and China's richest man — steps down from his $460 billion Alibaba empire after 20 years, Business Insider - Business Insider Singapore
- Stripe Newsroom: Stripe introduces the Stripe Corporate Card and activates payouts to 45 countries
- N26 Launches In Switzerland But Without CHF Support | Fintech Schweiz Digital Finance News – FintechNewsCH
- Xinja Bank gains banking licence; rolls out first accounts
- A bank mistakenly put $120,000 into a couple's account. They spent it, police say - CNN