355. News: Google knows best
Sarah Kocianski and David Brear are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Digital banks are set to treble their customer numbers in 2020, Singapore starts accepting their first applications for digital banks and LinkedIn announce their top 25 startups of 2019 - you might recognise some of the names! All this and much more on todays fintech insiders!
Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and David Brear, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Joe Cross - Global Marketing & PR at TransferWise
- Rona Ruthen - Customer Operations Director at Monzo Bank
- Wincie Wong - Head of Rose Review Implementation, at RBS
- We also hear from Monese CEO Norris Koppel and Nick Harries, UK Partnerships Lead for Square!
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Digital banks on track to treble customers next year (04:40)
- Singapore to accept first digital bank applications (11:35)
- Lenders accuse Google of overstepping mark with ban on payday loan apps (19:25)
- Lloyds buys Tesco Bank’s mortgage book in £3.8bn deal (30:26)
- TSB and Square announce payments partnership (36:40)
- European banking app Monese partners with deposits marketplace Raisin (46:36)
- Linkedin Top 25 Startups (53:04)
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Joe Cross, Nicholas Harris, Norris Koppel, Rona Ruthen, and Wincie Wong.
- Digital banks on track to treble customers in next year but profits...
- Singapore to accept first digital bank applications
- Lenders accuse Google of overstepping mark with ban on payday loan apps
- Subscribe to read | Financial Times
- TSB and Square announce payments partnership
- European banking app Monese partners with deposits marketplace Raisin | TechCrunch
- LinkedIn Top Startups 2019: The 25 hottest UK companies to work for now | LinkedIn