351. News: Keep calm and carry on investing
David Brear and Will White are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Apple Card Launches For Everyone, Global fintech investment falls sharply and NatWest hid a data breach from customers. All this and much more on today's Fintech Insider News.
Our expert hosts, David Brear and Will White, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Emily Nicolle, Technology Editor at CityAM
- Marko Wenthin, CEO at Penta
- Olivia Vinden, Director at Alpha FMC
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Apple Card Launches For Everyone. Now Credit Is As Private As Cash (02:11)
- Global fintech investment falls sharply (15:53)
- NatWest hid a data breach from customers (24:15)
- Credit Karma glitch exposed users to other people’s accounts (30:05)
- TransferWise’s debit card launches in APAC (41:53)
- Monzo customers to receive salaries a day early under new feature from app-only bank (49:50)
- J-Lo & A-Rod Are Investing in Acorns (1:00:17)
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Emily Nicolle, Marko Wenthin, and Olivia Vinden.
- Global fintech investment falls sharply
- RBS hides Natwest data breach from customers | Business | The Times
- Credit Karma glitch exposed users to other people’s accounts | TechCrunch
- TransferWise’s debit card launches in Australia and New Zealand, with Singapore to follow | TechCrunch
- Monzo customers to receive salaries a day early under new feature from app-only bank | The Independent
- Jennifer Lopez, Alex Rodriguez Are Investing in Fintech Firm Acorns - WSJ
- Apple Card Launches For Everyone. Now Credit Is As Private As Cash