347. News: Illegal fintech loansharks?
Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: America to get real-time payments by 2024, Klarna’s multi-billion dollar valuation, and Taiwan joins Asia's digital banking push with three new virtual licenses!
Our expert hosts, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Richard Davies, COO at Revolut
- Simon Dix, CEO and founder of DX Compliance Solutions
- Joy MacKnight, Managing Editor at The Banker
- We also hear from Marko Wenthin, CEO at Penta, Brandon Chung, 11:FS JTBD Consultant, and Sam Maule, 11:FS Americas MD
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- America to get real-time payments by 2024 (2:12)
- Klarna’s multi-billion dollar valuation to help them hit Australia (12:36)
- Hongkongers are reaping the benefits of virtual banks even before their launch (20:37)
- Penta’s latest funding round (27:36)
- HSBC Cuts 4,000 Jobs, starting with the CEO (38:17)
- Australia passes consumer data rights legislation (47:58)
- 20-Year Mortgages Hit Zero for the First Time in History (53:55)
- Indonesia Has Shut Down 826 Fintech Startups This Year Alone (58:31)
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Special Guests: Brandon Chung, Joy Macknight, Marko Wenthin, Richard Davies, Sam Maule, and Simon Dix.
- Fed plans to launch real-time payment service by 2024 | American Banker
- Klarna pushes for growth in US and Australia with $460 million equity raise | Finextra
- Hongkongers are reaping the benefits of virtual banks even before their launch | Tech in Asia
- Penta, the German business banking startup, raises €8M additional funding | TechCrunch
- HSBC Adds To The Gloom On Wall Street By Cutting 4,000 Jobs | Forbes
- Australia passes consumer data rights legislation | Finextra
- 20-Year Mortgages Hit Zero for First Time in Danish Rate History | Bloomberg
- Indonesia Has Shut Down 826 Fintech Startups This Year Alone | Bloomberg