345. News: This is how you make money.
Jason Bates and Simon Taylor are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Nubank’s $400 MILLION mega-round pushes their valuation to $10 billion, US women pay 18% more in banking fees than men and noel edmonds reaches compensation deal with Lloyds over scam! All this, and so much more on today's episode!
Our expert hosts, Simon Taylor and Jason Bates, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Mark Frampton, Analyst Relations Manager at Finastra
- Greg Michel, Head of Fintech, Cybersecurity & AI at Tech Nation.
- Lois Ollerenshaw, Venture principal at Nationwide building society
- We also hear from Virginie O’Shea, Research director at Aite Group
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Nubank’s $400 MILLION mega round pushes their valuation to $10 billion (1:59)
- Goldman Sachs’ billion dollar fintech gamble (9:41)
- Revolut’s investors predict a $10bn valuation (14:42)
- Jack Ma’s $290 Billion Loan Machine Is Changing Chinese Banking (24:07)
- US Women Pay 18% More in Banking Fees Than Men (32:08)
- Rakuten’s US banking charter application raises concerns with American Banks (39:23)
- London Stock Exchange in talks to buy Refinitiv for $27bn (48:13)
- Noel Edmonds reaches compensation deal with Lloyds over scam (57:25)
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Greg Michel, Lois Ollerenshaw, Mark Frampton, and Virginie O'Shea.
- Nubank valuation jumps to $10 billion on $400 million mega round | Finextra
- Goldman Sachs big fintech gamble is about to heat up for summer as it takes on N26, Revolut and Monzo | Altfi
- Revolut on course to be worth $10bn and match the size of Barclays, say backers | The Telegraph
- Jack Ma’s $290 Billion Loan Machine Is Changing Chinese Banking | Bloomberg
- Women Pay 18% More in Banking Fees Than Men, Research Finds | Bloomberg
- Rakuten to apply for US banking charter | Finextra
- London Stock Exchange Confirms $27bn Refinitiv Takeover Talks | FT
- Noel Edmonds reaches compensation deal with Lloyds over scam | BBC News