34. News: Netflix for insurance
Sarah and Nigel are talking about the news this week including: Netflix for insurance, Insurtech in America and AI tackling insurance fraud.
Sarah and Nigel are joined by:
- Lea Nonninger - Research Analyst at Business Insider Intelligence
- James York - Founder at Worry+Peace
- Arslan Hannani - Head of Market Management at Zurich
First up, Urban Jungle have released a contents insurance product for renters described as the 'Netflix for insurance' by ERGO. We spoke to Urban Jungle CEO, Jimmy Williams, to get his view on it before talking to our guests to see what the panel thinks. (01:23)
Inshur, a digital provider of commercial vehicle insurance, currently focusing on the rideshare sector, have been boosted by a $9m funding round led by Munich Re. The funding is in the form of $7 million in equity funding and a $2 million credit facility. (15:26)
Other stories include:
- In America, Insurtech Is Big Business
- Artificial intelligence to tackle insurance fraud and assess flood damage
- World Bicycle Relief and Laka Insurance in fundraising partnership
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider.
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the fintech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
Special Guests: Arslan Hannani, James York, Jimmy Williams, and Lea Nonninger.