131. The digital dollar
We. Are. Here. Today we bring you: The currency cold war, tokenising your future income, and when will we see a digital dollar? All this and much more on today's Blockchain Insider!
Simon Taylor is back this week to talk all things blockchain, Bitcoin and crypto. This week he was joined in the studio by Paolo Ardoino, CTO at Bitfinex and Abbas Ali, Head of Digital Identity at R3. Together the trio discusses the latest and greatest news in the world of blockchain including:
- Former CFTC officials ramp up push for digital dollar with Accenture partnership (02:10)
- Currency ‘cold war’ takes center stage at pre-Davos crypto confab (10:00)
- NBA's Spencer Dinwiddie set to roll out tokenized investment platform (18:50)
- Gemini launches captive insurance company and custody insurance solution with leading brokers Aon and Marsh (22:18)
- Fidelity is hiring bitcoin mining engineer to scale its operations (29:39)
- Crypto asset manager Grayscale posts its best year with over $600m in investments (34:20)
The Tweet of the Week comes from @twobitidiot about the surprising Bitwise financial advisors survey results. Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show! (39:09)
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
If you enjoyed the show, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
Special Guests: Abbas Ali and Paolo Ardoino .
- Former CFTC Officials Ramp Up Push for Digital Dollar With Accenture Partnership
- Currency ‘Cold War’ Takes Center Stage at Pre-Davos Crypto Confab
- NBA's Spencer Dinwiddie set to roll out tokenized investment platform
- Gemini Launches Captive Insurance Company and Custody Insurance Solution with Leading Brokers Aon and Marsh
- Fidelity is hiring bitcoin mining engineer to scale its operations
- Crypto asset manager Grayscale posts its best year with over $600 million in investments
- Tweet of the Week