130. Crypto M&A & Telegram's Terrible 2020
We. Are. Here. Today we bring you: Where Libra go from here, Telegram’s TON takes another blow, and the Venezuelan President is all in on petros. All this and much more on today's Blockchain Insider!
Simon Taylor is in the hosting seat once again and is joined this week by a returning guest. Joining Simon to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, Bitcoin and Crypto is Oliver Von Landsberg-Sadie, CEO at BCB. Together the pair discuss:
- How Facebook’s vision for Libra turned into a nightmare (01:43)
- Binance CEO says some ‘major’ strategic acquisitions are in the works for 2020 (10:04)
- Venezuela to use petro cryptocurrency for oil sales (16:39)
- IBM and Fair Trade initiative demo blockchain-based coffee tracking app (23:50)
- North America saw the most crypto and blockchain investment in 2019 (27:34)
- Secretary-General Says United Nations Must Embrace Blockchain (31:17)
The Tweet of the Week comes from @SpencerNoon about Telegram's decision to not integrate TON natively in the messenger app. (36:28) Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
Love fintech? Then sign up for our Newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link so sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
If you enjoyed the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
Special Guest: Oliver von Landsberg-Sadie.
- How Facebook’s Vision for Libra turned into a Nightmare
- Binance CEO says some ‘major’ strategic acquisitions are in the works for 2020
- Venezuela to use petro cryptocurrency for oil sales, Maduro says
- IBM and Fair Trade Initiative Demo Blockchain-Based Coffee Tracking App
- North America saw the most crypto and blockchain investment in 2019
- Secretary-General Says United Nations Must Embrace Blockchain