107. Libra causing a regulatory Ripple
We. Are. Here. Today we bring you: The IRS are coming for your crypto, Russian Bitcoin Thief Sued, Could China Rival Facebook’s Libra, and so much more!
Simon and Colin are back this week to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, including:
- Could China Rival Facebook’s Libra? (0:58)
- The IRS are Coming for your Crypto (7:43)
- Ripple’s Open Letter to Congress (11:25)
- Russian Bitcoin Thief Sued (24:40)
The Tweet of the Week comes from @DanielQue about the vulnerabilities of decentralised finance. Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show! (29:20)
We also bring you an amazing interview with Michel Rauchs, Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Lead at the Cambridge Centre of Alternative Finance! (35:36)
If you enjoyed the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on iTunes!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
Special Guest: Michel Rauchs.
- Huawei CEO Calls on China to Create a Rival to Facebook’s Libra Crypto | Coindesk
- Libra crypto may never launch due to regulatory scrutiny, warns Facebook | TheBlockCrypto
- IRS Says It’s Sending Warning Letters to US Cryptocurrency Owners | Coindesk
- Our Open Letter to Congress | Ripple
- Causing a Ripple: An interview with the controversial developer putting personal files on the XRP ledger | TheBlockCrypto
- Russian Bitcoin Theft Suspect Sued for $100 Million by U.S. | Bloomberg
- Coinbase loses another executive; its product counsel for institutional products rejoins CFTC | TheBlockCrypto
- Galaxy Digital Announces Approval of License to Underwrite Registered Public Offerings of Securities | Galaxy Digital
- Bitcoin-Rewards App Lolli Expands to 900 Retail Locations | CoinDesk