What is the future of payments? We head to FinTech Connect 2020 to find out
We’re lucky enough to not just be attending, but moderating one of the panels 🥳 (We’re also featuring on a few more panels, including one about the best route to fintech survival and a keynote on the trillion $ BaaS opportunity.)
Our very own Jeff, Global Head of Consulting at 11:FS, is moderating the ‘What is the future of consumer payments?’ panel on 2nd December at 1.30pm.
Here’s who you can look forward to on the line up:
- Anne Boden, CEO and Founder, Starling Bank
- Chirag Patel, EVP Global Head of Payments, Banco Santander
- Sandra Alzetta, VP, Global Head of Payments, Spotify
- Ian Johnson, Managing Director of Europe, Marqeta
- Mahmoud El Azzeh, Head of Product & Payments, Dazn
We talk a lot about the future of payments here at 11:FS, so it’s exciting to see this topic come to life at one of the biggest industry events around.
The pandemic, along with a host of technological advancements, has created a dramatic shift in how people pay for goods and services. But will this rejection of cash be permanent?
Contactless payments might be faster, smoother and more secure (not to mention more hygienic in these anxious times), but we can’t ignore the challenges they present to people in more vulnerable segments of society.
Jeff will be posing some difficult questions to the panellists about what the future holds for consumer payments - here’s a flavour of what might be discussed:
- Exciting trends in the payments space right now
- The effect of COVID-19 on the consumer payments landscape (we couldn’t not mention this topic, could we?)
- The countries leading the charge with truly modern payments infrastructures
- The ideal payments stack for banks of the future
- What banks can learn from fintechs transforming the payments market