401. News: N26 closes UK accounts, blaming Brexit
Simon Taylor and Adam Davis are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: N26 is leaving the UK in April, Starling snatches up new funding, and Credit Suisse stuck in spying scandal.
Your hosts Simon Taylor and Adam Davis are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Matt Collinge, Chief Technology Officer of Curve
- Alexandra Frean, Head of Corporate Affairs at Starling Bank
- Ali Paterson, Editor in Chief at Fintech Finance
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- N26 to close all UK accounts (01:44)
- Starling Bank nabs £60 million in additional funding (12:17)
- Revolut rolls out Open Banking feature (22:56)
- Visa to make biggest interchange adjustment in decades (29:40)
- Varo Money receives FDIC approval (35:00)
- Chinese investment in Silicon Valley slows (41:29)
- Credit Suisse boss removed after spying scandal (44:19)
This podcast is brought to you by Stake, the digital brokerage app bringing you unrivalled access to the US market. Invest in over 3,500 US stocks and ETFs, including game-changing companies like Google, Amazon and Tesla. Trading is instant, direct and commission-free, and with a fully digitised sign-up, you’ll be in the market in minutes. Visit hellostake.com or search ‘Stake Trade’ to seize the US market’s 31 trillion dollars-worth of opportunity today.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Alexandra Frean, Ali Paterson, and Matt Collinge.